Thank you for taking an interest in working at Bodyworks Edinburgh. We strive to give our staff the best working environment possible with ongoing training and support within a team environment. By seeking out the best therapists, we can offer the best service to our patients.
Our vision is to be the go-to clinic with the highest reputation for care and excellence in private healthcare and to offer you a multi-disiplinary approach with the most up-to-date research and evidence based treatments. To have a happy working environment for staff to improve and grow, enjoy their work and have a healthy work-life balance.
Our Core Values
Treating you like a person not a body part – At Bodyworks Edinburgh we appreciate that like every injury, every client is unique. Whether you want to try and run a 3 minute mile or simply ease the discomfort in your knee so you can pick up the morning paper, we’re here, so you can get there. Well….maybe a 4 minute mile.
Digging down to the root – Confusingly, often the symptoms aren’t where the real issue is, and we don’t believe in putting plasters on anything, which is why we provide comprehensive assessments to fully understand what the underlying issue is, before weeding it out. Letting you flourish to your full potential.
Service with a smile – We love what we do! Besides, we think Sports Massages and Physiotherapy are serious enough that it helps to lighten the mood with a smile and the odd chuckle!
We exist to help you – We are one passionate multidisciplinary team of therapists who work together to educate, empower and make a positive difference in your life. We’re always striving to improve and better ourselves so we can continue to do our very best for you. We challenge each other, listen and respect each other?s knowledge. Every day is a school day – We’re always learning too!
Caring for our planet – Striving to reduce our impact on the environment by reducing paper in our operations, minimise energy waste and recycling all possible materials is important to us.
We are currently looking for an MSK Physiotherapist to join our passionate team of practitioners. Based in the West End of Edinburgh we offer hands on Physiotherapy, Sports Therapy, Nutrition and Pilates as well as a range of Massage Treatments and are proud of our high reputation.
All Physiotherapists applying for this position must be fully qualified, HCPC & CSP registered and have experience in MSK work. Candidates must be enthusiastic and motivated in providing the best service possible. A positive attitude and commitment is essential as well as:
- HCPC & CSP registered
- Excellent manual therapy skills
- Excellent communication & organisational skills
- Hard working and be able to work on your own initiative
- Enthusiastic and positive personality
Desired: Grade 5 manipulations, Dry needling, KT taping, Pilates Instructor, Massage qualification
- provide a comprehensive service of assessment diagnosis and treatment
- provide home care/rehab programmes
- high standard of note keeping
- occasionally provide staff training on in-service days
- liaise with health professionals and refer patients when necessary
- establish partnerships with sports teams/clubs
- assist with day to day running of the clinic
This position is currently self employed however we would be open to promoting the right candidate to a permanent employed position if they possessed the right attitude and were performing well. The start date and number of hours per week for this position is flexible but ideally looking for someone to start within the next 2 months and be able to do a minimum of 15hrs per week (again for the right candidate we can be flexible)
This position will involve evening work (we close at 8pm) and a Saturday shift (8-4pm)
Salary: £27,000-£30,000 per year.
Supervisor / Massage Therapist
We’re currently looking for a Supervisor that is also a qualified Massage Therapist to join our team of passionate practitioners, working closely with the Manager to optimise the running of the clinic.
Based in the West End of Edinburgh we offer hands on Physiotherapy, Sports and Remedial Massage and Complementary treatments such as Reflexology and Aromatherapy massage. We aim to offer a multi-disciplinary approach all under one roof and believe in providing an environment that is supportive, encouraging and helping so if you are looking to become part of a team that mirrors our ethos, we’d like to hear from you.
In this role it is your responsibility to ensure the smooth running of the clinic day to day and to supervise the staff and ensure the maintenance of standards in terms of treatments, clinic practices, therapist presentation and communication skills, cleanliness and operating standards within the clinic are upheld.
This role will be a mix of admin and treatments, 60-70% treatment based initially. We are open 7 days a week so you will be required to work evenings and weekends however we will only ask you to work 1 weekend day. Ideally, a Tuesday – Saturday however we can be flexible on this.
An example of responsibilities include:
- Providing a high standard of massage treatments
- Cash handling
- Motivating and leading the team to ensure targets are met
- Collecting material and posting on the clinic’s social media accounts
- Assisting with driving revenue generation
- Basic accounting and data entry
- Liaise with the Manager on forecasts, targets and stock levels
What are we looking for?
- Qualified and experienced in providing a high standard of massage treatments (at least 2 years)
- Experience in team leadership as well as working on your own
- Minimum of 2 years customer service experience
- Superb organisational, communication and initiative skills
- Goal orientated and willing to work late when the job requires
- A smiley, outgoing personality!
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary with 4 annually reviewed raises
- Performance related bonus
- On going training and support
- One free staff treatment per month
- 50% discount for immediate family
- The opportunity to grow
- An open, informal environment with room to share your ideas
- A talented team of happy, creative therapists to manage along side the Clinic Manager
- 15min buffers between each treatment so you aren’t rushed
We’re looking for someone to start mid August, however this can be flexible for the right candidate.
If you are interested in applying for this vacancy please send us your CV and a covering letter telling us a little more about yourself and why you would be a good fit.
Salary: £21,000.00-£24,000.00 per year
Self-Employed Sports Therapist
We are currently looking for a self-employed Sports Therapist to join our passionate team of practitioners. Based in the West End of Edinburgh we offer hands on Physiotherapy, Sports Therapy and a range of Massage Treatments. We are proud of our high reputation. All candidates must have either a Sports Therapy or Sports Massage qualification. Candidates must be enthusiastic and motivated in providing the best service possible.
A positive attitude and commitment is essential. The start date and number of hours per week for this position is flexible but ideally looking for someone to start ASAP and be able to do a minimum of 15hrs per week ideally. Full time hours may also be available in the near future as we re build post COVID. This position will involve some evening work and a Saturday shift.
If you are interested in applying for any vacancy please send us your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us a little more about yourself and why you would be a good fit as well as how many hours per week you are ideally looking for.