We have a Nutritionist here at Bodyworks Edinburgh to help with any nutritional concerns or issues.
Areas of Nutrition we help with:
- Weight Management (whether its weight loss or gain)
- Energy and Vitality levels
- Healthy Eating
- Sports Nutrition
- Gastrointestinal Health
- Allergies/Intolerance’s to certain foods
- IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
- Skin Health and Conditions (e.g Eczema)
- High Blood Pressure
- Pregnancy and Preconception
- Women’s Nutrition
There is a wide range of advice available on the internet and in the media regarding what and what not to eat but how do we know what to believe or what will be right for you? This can be cleared up with a Nutrition Edinburgh Consultation with Alicja. Read more about Alicja here.
Nutritional support?can help?improve general well being, improve symptoms and support all of these systems:
- Immunity (such as Fibromyalgia, Chronic fatigue syndrome?Lupus, Rheumatoid arthritis, that often do not respond to conventional medicine)
- Digestive (constipation, diarrhoea, bloating, reflux, allergies and leaky gut)
- Respiratory (asthma and hay fever)
- Cardiovascular health (blood pressure, metabolic syndrome, cholesterol)
- Endocrine (hormonal imbalances, female hormonal balance: menopause or fertile age issues: PMS, weight management, cravings, blood sugar imbalances, diabetes and fatigue)
- Urinary (cystitis or thrush)
- Integumentary (acne, eczema, psoriasis)
- Neurological (low mood, anxiety, concentration and memory)
During?a?Nutritional?Consultation with us you will be given the highest level of nutritional advice, personally tailored to you. Prior to your appointment we will email forms for you to complete 2-3 days before you are due to come in (4 day food diary, health questionnaire etc.)
The Initial Consultation (75 minutes) will look at the important aspects of your current and previous diet and lifestyle, health history, medications, treatments and food issues you may have. From this an action plan will be discussed according to your needs where realistic goals will be set along with shopping lists, recipes and plans. Follow Up appointments (30 minutes) are usually made for 4 weeks time to monitor progress and to discuss how you are getting on. Intolerance and mineral testing can be carried out if required for an additional cost.
We also offer a less in depth appointment (Nutrition MOT) for some feedback on your nutrition. We ask for a 4 day food, activity and symptom diary to be submitted one week prior to this appointment to give our Nutritionist time to analyse and make suggestions. The Nutrition MOT appointment will be 30 minutes in which our Nutritionist will suggest improvements, meal ideas etc to ensure you are getting all the nutrients you need for your body to work effectively.
Our end goal is to promote the therapeutic effect of?wholesome and unprocessed foods for optimal well being.
Our Nutrition appointments can be paid by Cash or Bank Transfer only.
Need some inspiration!? New Recipes to try?!
*Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies: https://tasty.co/recipe/vegan-chocolate-chip-cookies
If you would like to make an appointment please get in touch via email@example.com or 0131 241 1833 for availability. Or use our online booking system.