A Bodyworks Edinburgh Sports Massage is geared towards helping athletes of every kind, from world-class professionals to weekend joggers. However, it’s not just for athletic individuals, but also for office workers who may have suffered repetitive strain injury or anyone who has had an acute trauma, perhaps sustained from day to day activities. Injuries can affect both bones and soft tissue. Many people from all walks of life have found that it has improved their flexibility and posture.
Many athletes use our Sports Massage Therapy to enhance pre-event preparation, prevent injury, reduce recovery time and increase maximum performance during training or at an event. We offer a Sports Event Package which includes a 60minutes Sports Massage in your tapering stages, a 60minutes Sports Massage Pre-Event (we recommend this to be 4-5 days before the event itself), a Kinesiology Taping appointment (ideally 1-2 days before the event) and a Post-Event Sports or Swedish Massage (Swedish – lighter massage 1-3 days after the event, Sports – deeper massage 4 days or after the event).
Some of the common injuries that can be remedied with Sports Massage Edinburgh techniques are as follows:
- Knee Injuries (Cruciate ligament Sprain, Meniscus tear, osgood schlatters disease)
- Piriformis syndrome
- Adhesive Capsulitis (frozen shoulder)
- Tennis & Golfers Elbow (medial and lateral epicondylitis)
- Rotator Cuff Injuries (shoulder injuries)
- IT Band Syndrome (Iliotibial band or runners knee)
- Plantar Fasciitis (Foot surface pain)
- Upper and Lower back pain (repetitive movements of the lumbar, thoracic and cervical spine)
- Ankle sprains (lateral ankle sprains account for 10-15% of all sporting injuries)
- Achilles tendon problems (tendonitis (inflammation) or tendinosis (degeneration)
Sports Massage Edinburgh is much more specific than a Deep Tissue Massage and treats more complex ailments. The aim is to work directly at the injury/issue site and surrounding area. Our Sports Massage Edinburgh will involve questions about the injury or problem, a visual assessment followed by massage treatment which will also include stretching and sometimes intense massage techniques followed by home care advice.
If you would like a Sports Massage at Bodyworks Edinburgh you can quickly book online, or give us a call on 0131 241 1833.