Sports Therapy is an aspect of healthcare that is specifically concerned with injury prevention, and the rehabilitation of the client back to optimum levels of functional, occupational and sports specific fitness. This type of treatment is ideal if you are looking to enhance your sporting performance, to rehabilitate from an injury or if you are training for something specific.
A Sports Therapy Edinburgh Session will involve:
- A Consultation
- Postural Screening
- Whole Body Examination
- Exercise Prescription
- After Care and Home Advice
- Injury Rehabilitation Programme
- Education on the issue
- Treatment (case dependent but may include massage, taping, strengthening work, stretching, acupuncture etc.)
A Sports Therapist and Physiotherapist will have knowledge on the following:
- Prevention of injuries
- How to provide immediate and long term care of injuries
- Assess, treat and where appropriate refer on for specialist advice
- How to plan and demonstrate a rehabilitation programme specific to the client’s needs
- How to educate the client well
Sports Therapy Edinburgh is less hands on than a Sports Massage but includes some or all of the above to work towards the client’s specific goal and can provide the follow up care you need after your diagnosis/treatment. Both Sports Therapists and Physiotherapists have therapeutic abilities, an understanding of sport and are capable of applying the necessary rehabilitation principles to enable clients to achieve a faster and optimum recovery.
So if you have a race/event coming up or are recovering from an injury then give us a call to see if Sports Therapy Edinburgh would benefit you. Book online using our system or give us a call on 0131 241 1833.